London Cocktail Week is full of great brands doing great events so our challenge from Glasgow original city malt, Auchentoshan, was how to cut through the noise and create a buzz with consumers and industry alike.
We took over East London bar Translate to introduce daily workshops on Auchentoshan & Ale, an exciting new cocktail with a difference that ensured our event was one of the most talked about happenings across the London Cocktail Week.
• White Label managed concept, design, production & activation.
• Partnered with street art collective End of the Line to transform the interior of Translate bar into a little piece of Glasgow.
• Daily workshops inviting participants to create their custom Auchentoshan cocktail to suit their palates. We saw 15 workshop participants over the week.
• The take-over saw a social media reach of over 20,000 individuals.
Our refreshing and original take on a classic pairing for Stolichnaya vodka in the form of Stoli Lemonade & The Lemonade tour throughout 2014 & 2015.
• White Label managed all elements from conception to activation including amplification via social media and PR.
• In 2014 THE Lemonade Tour parked up at 10 iconic London locations & in 2015 we returned to visit the 4 top locations along with Imbibe Live, Camden Beach & the Cocktail Village at London Cocktail Week.
• In 2015 we Sampled over 25,000 with THE Classic Stoli Lemonade alongside a seasonal mint infused sorbet with our partner, Gelupo.
• We introduced Stoli as the the first headline sponsor at the Roundhouses ‘Camden Beach’ which saw an incredible footfall of over 34,000 over 5 weeks.
• Securing coverage in top consumer & trade titles, including Daily Mail, Event Magazine, The spirits business & many more…
To celebrate Laphroaig’s 200th Anniversary, we took a simple idea, and made a BIG impact.
Laphroaig comes from the remote island of Islay. The brand have been going for 200 years and in this time little has changed. Social still means the local bar and tweeting is predominantly the pursuit of the local bird population. As part of our #opinionswelcome campaign we brought Twitter to Islay in a big way by turning 140 characters into a 140’ projection on Laphroaig's Iconic distillery... introducing #BigOpinions
Over the course of five days #BigOpinions paid tribute to the Laphroaig drinker. People submitted their opinions on Laphroaig via Twitter and the very best opinions submitted were projected on the distillery wall.
Projection company, Projection Artworks developed a system designed to automate and operate in real-time. A live feed was set-up using the Livestream service (the first point of capture), which allowed users to log-on to see their tweet being typed out and projected against the distillery wall. A separate camera also captured automated individual video and photographic content (the second and third points of capture). This enabled two-way communication, by letting the brand engage with consumers’ tweets and then respond in real-time, with personalised videos and photos. Because the project took place on the remote Isle of Islay, Projection Artworks used a Europasat satellite to ensure adequate bandwidth, rather than relying on existing infrastructure.
• Projections took place in two hour slots, between 18:15 and 20:15 (CT) July 21 to July 25
• Over 5 nights, 1200 tweets were submitted, 1000 opinions were projected on the wall, from more than 10 different countries, receiving 3500 social impressions
• Participants viewed their projection in real time, through a live feed hosted on the Laphroaig microsite
• Photography and videography of each opinion was captured and DM tweeted to the individuals, encouraging them to share it further on their personal social channels.
• We achieved global PR coverage including: Crave Online, Campaign UK and US, Marketing Magazine, The Drum, Digital Arts Online, We Are Social and Whisky Unplugged
Language is at the heart of the #OPINIONSWELCOME campaign. Often, the best opinions submitted by our Friends of Laphroaig have had a lyrical, poetic quality. Even the word ‘Laphroaig’ has a linguistic power and charm that inspires opinions. From the opinions submitted in the first year of #OPINIONSWELCOME, it was clear that some were so good, they could be considered poems.
We asked a range of poets, from romantics to rappers, to share their own opinions of Laphroaig. They turned their opinions into poems and we captured it all.
Among participating poets were Murray Lachlan Young and Elvis McGonagall. Murray was the first poet to be given a £1 million pound record deal and is now a regular poet on BBC Radio 4's Saturday Live as well as being the resident poet on BBC 6 Music; while Elvis is an award winning Scottish poet, a stand-up comedian, and former slam poetry champion.
Poets flew in from all over the world to participate in a blind tasting of Laphroaig. Presented with a 30 minute challenge, poets tasted the liquid, shared their creative process, and then performed their piece. This resulted in 6 compelling poems and a compilation of inspiring language and imagery on this polarising, unique liquid.
Capturing the process and poems of the artists and poets allowed us to create a compilation video and shorter edits used across social media and as video support and opinion inspiration at tasting events.
These videos sit on the Laphroaig #OPINIONSWELCOME microsite. In this section of the site you can choose to view, read, or listen to the poem — further enhancing the way we look at and think of Laphroaig. Have a look for yourself here: www.laphroaig.com
We were asked to bring the worlds no.1 Bourbon, Jim Beam, and its wider portfolio to life across Europe…Our answer? Bourbon Legends European Tour 2015
• White Label managed design, production & activation
• A three day experiential pop up event bringing the flavour of Kentucky to three European cities Paris, Frankfurt & Warsaw
• 1,650 guests visited over 9 events enjoying an immersive brand education, a range of Bourbon cocktails and entertainment from our house band, The Thumping Tommys.
We introduced Stoli as the first headline sponsor at Camden Beach & brought the Stoli Lemonade Van along for the the 6 week residency
• The beach saw 34,000 attend over 5 weeks
• Our sampling staff were on hand every Saturday & sampled a massive 10,000 consumers with Stoli Lemonade & sorbet
• We took over the beach with branded deckchairs, parasols, beach balls & even our very own VIP beach
• We secured coverage in Time Out, Le Cool & Event Magazine
Bringing the wonders of Scandinavia to London and driving brand presence for an iconic brand.
Following the success of the Krug Kreperie last Christmas, we created a new luxury pop-up serving exceptional King Crab from Norway and creating the ultimate seafood experience, along London’s bustling South Bank.
• Introduced new terrace area this year, to allow more guests to enjoy the experience
• In collaboration with the newly opened Beast restaurant in London
• The project secured 14 print articles and 53 online pieces of coverage [delivered by Mission PR]
• All 350 advanced tickets sold out before the event and 580 guests were served in total over the 5 days
• Sold 220 bottles of Krug Grande Cuvée
Creating a full immersive celebration day programme for 70 international journalists
Client: Krug Global
An international press day based in London.
• Guests were treated to interactive workshops with London based Norwegian salmon smoker Ole Hansen and master tea blender Alex Probyn, whilst learning about the parallels of these artisanal trades and Krug.
• Launched a digital immersive pop-up exhibition highlighting the parallels between conducting a symphony orchestra and blending Krug Grand Cuvee, working with the Philharmonia orchestra. Guests walked around the space sampling Krug Grande Cuvee surrounded by a digital version of the orchestra who were playing Stravinsky’s The Rite of Spring, putting a literal spin on the term ’tasting notes.’ The exhibition remained open to the public after the press event.
• Designed and concepted a market stall themed dinner at Truman Brewery, working in collaboration with French chef Gregory Marchand, where dished were designed to reflect the tasting notes of different Krug cuvees
• Managed all logistics and transport for the guests throughout their stay in London
Driving brand re-appraisal with new audience
Reminding new millenials of cognac's rich heritage as a mixable spirit by recreating extraordinary historical event when a British Admiral filled his fountain with a cognac-base punch.
• One of the first brands to partner with Bompas & Parr
• Event sold out in under 24 hours
• 1,200 ticket-buying consumers sampled 3,000 drinks.
• Total PR and digital reach - a staggering 433,816,800
Creating a fun, engaging and premium environment for guests to sample Moët Ice Imperial whilst enhancing the innovative brand image of Moët & Chandon and driving volume in a key account
Client: Moët & Chandon
• Concepted and styled a tropical summer terrace, with palm trees & blue skies
• Created a unique “Summer Selfie Sandbox” moment with branded props for guests to interact with, driving valuable content for Social Media
• Extended existing brand POS to bring the space to life, including building a bespoke Life Buoy welcome desk to truly own the space for the summer
Curating an extraordinary brand-owned London festival
An extraordinary schedule of brand-owned and supported events pulled into a single programme of events and publicised with pull-out guides in TimeOut.
• 80 different partners - including Punchdrunk Theatre Company, Gideon Reeling, Secret Garden Party, Bompas & Parr and others
• 22k samples
• 243m total reach
As part of our Opinions Welcome campaign we've created a series of additional adverts to coincide with key holidays in the US.
We filmed 'Halloween' and 'One Gift' in New York and 'Choir' on a wet and windy Islay.
Driving reconsideration for an iconic luxury brand
Installation in Covent Garden fusing the finest champagne with iconic Parisienne street food to create the Krug Kreperie.
• Truly luxurious pods serving the simple luxury of crepes and Krug
• Collaboration with acclaimed french chef, Pierre Koffmann
• Reached 3.8 million people
For the Last 2 Years we’ve been setting the bar at Imbibe with our Stoli Lemonade lab.
White Label managed stand conception, production & delivery.
Visitors to the stand were invited to participate in interactive workshops led by UK Brand Ambassador, Matthew Dakers.
Guests were introduced to Stolichnayas rich history, before getting the chance to make their own Stoli Lemonade from scratch. They were encouraged to create their own truly unique serve in our on site laboratory.
In 2014, 96 bartenders attended our workshops and with a bigger event space in 2015 we saw 120 bartenders across the 2 days.
Many attendees voted us the best brand activation on site.
Immersive brand event to engage the experience generation
A decadent tour of two centuries of food revolutions, staged across a five-story London townhouse - each story told with a unique drink pairing for Courvoisier.
• Sold out in 2 days
• Delivered 12,000+ Courvoisier serves
• PR and media reach: 110m+
Central London event space for brand launches, parties, sales etc
Formerly the site of the Photographers Gallery, now fully refurbished to provide a 1,000 sq ft blank canvas venue for exclusive hire.
• Fully licensed
• Professional lighting rig with colour-change LED system
• HD projector and screen
• 1000W PA system
• Bar and tech areas
• In-house events team [as required]
• Step free access
+44 (0)20 3301 4727
Love it or hate it Laphroaig is a brand that inspires strong opinions.
So when Laphroaig asked us to pitch them an idea to recruit new consumers globally...we looked no further than the 600k+ Friends of Laphroaig community and quickly realised that even Laphroaig's most ardent fans tended to describe the liquid in an intriguing and often disparaging way.
Cue Opinions Welcome, a bold move for a bold whisky to invite everyone to have their say. So get involved and let us know your opinion at laphroaig.com/opinions
Launching a new brand through innovative blend of live and social media
Client: Jim Beam
First ever fusing of augmented reality technology and social media to create an award winning travel retail experience.
• Toolkit solution rolled out across EU Travel retail
• Briefed to sample & drive endorsement of new Jim Beam flavour brand
• 8,550 sampled and 87% would buy & recommend in first outing at gatwick
• SM component extended reach and impact to additional 258k
Launching a new foodie festival through PR and SM
Adding some buzz to the sizzle with a connected PR & SM plan to launch NYC's Meatopia food festival as it hit the UK for the first time.
• Lead agency status that built the strategy and worked with hand-picked specialists to deliver;
• 120+pieces of media coverage delivering an OTS of 46m+
• All helping the event sell-out in its very first year - yay!
Managing an innovative branded network to attract new consumers
Innovative brand platform encompassing dedicated online SM site, offline events and funding / concierge services for leading innovative talent across the UK.
• 30,000 sampled in first 2 years
• 330m+ PR & media reach
• 20 new listings
• 170,000 unique users on public-facing pages with 6 min average dwell time
• 94% Positive WoM for brand
Launching a new brand to the UK student population
Client: Jim Beam
Launched Red Stag to attract a new audience to Jim Beam family through a hybrid campaign delivering both opinion-forming endorsement and high volume opportunities.
• lead agency role on fully integrated campaign inc. experiential, digital, PR and media platforms
• Party Pioneer initiative worked with innovative student event curators and promoters (this alone reached 15.8 million people through 44 events with over 80,000 nline votes)
• Brokered deal to become official shot of O2 Academies (securing exposure and trial opportunities to 3.5m visitors / year across UK)
• Sampled 24,000 and reached 33m through media, PR and social media.
Re-imagining brand heritage to create content and drive sales
An exclusive, immersive brand experience over four nights at Harrods, London.
• Collaborated with emerging artists to create bespoke historical diorama
• Sourced and showcased the worlds oldest vintage of Courvoisier (1789)
• Tickets sold-out in 5 days
• Reached 3.8 million people (over 40k on YouTube alone)
• Courvoisier XO sold out in Harrods over crucial Christmas period
Reviving an iconic brand for a new audience
Client: Wray & Nephew
Roots and branches overhaul of Jamaican rum brand, encompassing identity, creative assets and activation through live events and the trade.
• Created 'Overproof' programme - celebrating rum and reggae
• Sampler CD produced in association with Trojan Records used for trade competitions and gievaways
• Iconic 'Rum Shack' installed at Big Chill Festival and modular components taken into bars and clubs
• 100,000 sampled / 10,000 CD’s dist’d
• “Terminal decline” transformed into 17% YOY growth
Viral digital concept and content
Tasked by Cake to conceive and produce a range of lo-fi videos to provide launch content for fledgling online talent initiative, The Fame Game.
• Conceived and created Kitchen Diaries in partnership with Beardyman
• 5m+ views on YouTube alone...and proved to be more popular than the talent site itself...oops, sorry.
Building an association with a key passion area to continue brand growth
Client: Jim Beam
Devised fully integrated campaign for Jim Beam Red Stag around music, named 'Fresh Tracks'. Encompassing UK DJ tour, innovative red stag masks and amplification around Q Awards sponsorship.
Propaganda DJ Tour through O2 Academies led to;
• increased at the venues visited by an average of 1,306%
• total attendance: 8,386
• total promotional reach of over 6.1m
Building global brand foundations across digital and SM channels
Comprehensive digital plan for the global brand activated which included;
• Conception and delivery of new multi-platform website
• Launch of global Facebook page and digital plan that saw it grow from
0 to 53k likes in just 3 months
• Innovative Instagram competition which delivered over 400 entries
Launching a revamped proposition to key customers and media
Client: My Space
Curated and managed a party for 1,000 MySpace industry friends and family at Koko, London, with a cutting edge and eclectic line-up.
• We booked host, BBC radio 6’s Tom Ravenscroft, Orbital, LadyHawke and Nathalie Duncan (Verve)
• Led to 10 commercial leads for MySpace - double their expectations
VIP launch event for key bloggers and SM influencers
Client: Jim Beam
Adam Buxton introduced new Jim Beam flavour-variant, Red Stag, to bloggers and social media influencers by way of ‘Powerpoint Karaoke’ - improvising around a presentation he had never seen before!
• Exclusive event for key influencers, which also drove 1.7m reach through SM, digital channels and PR.
Create a motherbrand umbrella across house of brands
All encompassing project to build and define a motherbrand for Beam's Sauza tequila brands.
• Created a portfolio structure with new motherbrand name and hierarchy for individual brands and sub-brands
• Built a colourful Motherbrand identity inspired by their fresh-pressed usp
• Created a global toolkit including creative design assets and sizzle films
“We are aligned & excited for the first time in years” (Chris Peddy, VP Strategy, Beam)
Launching the brand with multiple events across the UK
The official UK & Ireland launch of the most anticipated new games console for a generation...and White Label's first ever project!
• Synchronised midnight opening events at Virgin Megastores across UK & Ire. London event hosted by Jonathan Ross.
• Simultaneous VIP launch event staged in London, including DJ set from (then unknown) Soulwax DJ's.
• Pre-event video countdowns produced for in-house Virgin Megastore media screens.
“…the most fantastic launch. What an amazing job.” (Michele Marchand, Microsoft Xbox)
Staging annual awards to reinforce Johnson & Johnson's leadership credentials with media
Client: Johnson & Johnson
Produced awards ceremony for the skincare journalism industry for seven years running.
• Full event management from venue sourcing to AV and styling
• 160 media VIP’s in 2013
"Thanks for all of your help with everything. The event went really well and we’ve had lots of positive feedback, which is great!"
Johnson & Johnson
Staging a ghoolishly good way to entertain media, VIP's and suppliers of Virgin Media
Client: Virgin Media
A Halloween-themed quiz, celebrating TiVO's core features, hosted by Paul Daniels and Debbie Magee.
"Spot on, well done and thank you! Lovely doing business with you"